Re: Plotting Antarctica

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2011 - 10:10:12 MST

Hi Rosemarie,

I'm sorry, I didn't realize the Earth..3 was giving ice shelves, because it doesn't appear to be documented this way in the Earth..3 table.

However, I think you can get the outlines for Antarctic only in Earth..4. I'm extremely busy right now, so I don't have time to write out a full script to try this, but what happens if set these resources? The last one is the important one:

  res@gsnPolar = "SH" ; Southern hemisphere

  res@mpDataSetName = "Earth..4" ; Database that contains the
  res@mpDataBaseVersion = "MediumRes" ; ice shelves
  res@mpMaxLatF = -60 ; Zoom in on Antarctica