Re: Plotting Antarctica

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2011 - 11:30:51 MST

Hi Rosemarie,

Adding a bit to Mary's response, there is an example of plotting Antarctica with the Earth..4 map outlines at http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/maponly.shtml. See maponly_19.ncl. You are definitely correct that the Earth..4 outlines are much more accurate than previous versions of the Map boundaries. And Earth..4 is the only dataset that distinguishes between the ice shelves and the actual land outlines. It is quite configurable and the mpOutlineSpecifiers, mpMaskOutlineSpecifiers and mpOutlineBoundarySets resources allow for a number of ways of achieving your objective.
 -dave