Re: y-axis log plot "Log axis requires all positive extent"

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Mar 18 2011 - 13:45:19 MDT

Hi Andrew,

Your question got posted to "ncl-talk-owner@ucar.edu". I'm including ncl-talk@ucar.edu here.

I admit I've never understood why the trYLog = True doesn't work for contour plots. Dave might have some information here.

Instead of this resource, try:

res@gsnYAxisIrregular2Log = True
The way I found this resource was to go to the "tips" link off the Applications page, and then start searching on the word " log".
I had to add the space in front of "log", because otherwise I got a bunch of "climatology" hits.

I found these two examples, which both mention the same resource.

Making an axis logarithmic in a contour plot
    axes_2.ncl (axes)
    conwomap_5.ncl (contours w/o maps)

Hopefully this will help for future searches of information.

--Mary