Re: adding formula to axis ?

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 19 2011 - 15:25:04 MDT

Hi Ufuk,
What do you mean by "it does not work"? You can most certainly use
function codes within any of the labeling resources like tiXAxisString,
gsnCenterString, tiMainString, etc. I have used them numerous times in
the past.

I wonder whether this has to do with your default function code setting.
By default, the function code in NCL is a : . However, it is recommended
that you change your function code to a ~ by setting it in your
.hluresfile as is described here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml

Thus, if you have a .hluresfile set and change your function code to a
~, then your coding would need to be:

res@tiYAxisString = "~V1~~F8~S(DT~B~~F0~m~N~) ~H-73~~V38~~F21~____"

Hope that helps...
Adam