Re: Gedit syntax highlighting is finally here!

From: Rob Nicholas <rnicholas_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 18 2011 - 13:12:10 MDT

FYI, for those of you using the official Mac OS X binary for gedit,
you'll need to change line 3 of the install script to:

sudo cp ncl.lang
/Applications/gedit.app/Contents/Resources/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs

~Rob

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Chad Herman <chad.herman.us@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached is a tarball containing the necessary XML files for Gedit to
> highlight your NCL code. Just run the install.sh Bash script and you're
> done. Gedit should now recognise and highlight your *.ncl files. If you
> start gedit in the terminal, you'll see a *warning*:
>
> (gedit:6532): GtkSourceView-WARNING **: Cannot create a regex for all the
> transitions, the syntax highlighting process will be slower than usual.
> The error was: Error while compiling regular expression ...
>
> This is nothing to worry about. This started showing up after I added all of
> the "resource" names (all 1,452 of them). NCL is a big language!
>
> Chad

Robert Nicholas
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
University of Washington, Box 351640