Slice through a 3D Data Set

From: Lunde, Bruce N CIV NAVOCEANO, NP1 <bruce.lunde_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 06 2011 - 12:43:38 MDT

Hello, Are there any examples of how to compute and draw
a 2D slice through a 3D data set ?

For example, I have temperature data that is a function
of lat,lon,depth. Currently I am doing it by a simple
approach of specifying the lat,lon values at which I wish
to compute vertical profiles, using the "linint2_points"
function (I didn't want any "surprises" in my interpolation,
so I chose linear).

I then have several vertical profiles along the track,
which I can then contour or grid.

Is there any example of another way to do this ?

Thanks, Bruce