Re: lable the color bar

From: H.Dang <danghy_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Aug 12 2011 - 12:52:59 MDT

Hi Dave and Adam,

Thanks for your information. I modified my code:

 71 res@lbMainFuncCode = "~"
 72 res@lbLabelStride = 2 ; skip every other
label
 73 res@lbTitleString = "[VOC~B~3~N~]~B~F~N~"
 74 res@lbTitleDirection = "Across"
 75 res@lbTitlePosition = "Right"
 76 res@lbTitleFontHeightF = 0.008
 77 ; res@lbLabelFontHeightF = 0.006
 78

In my ~/.hluresfile, the setting is like:

 22 # Function Codes [Default is a colon]
 23 TextFuncCode : ~

Seems "~" doesn't work for me (please look at the attachment). is there any
mistake somewhere in my setting? Thank you.

Hongyan
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 1:39 PM, David Brown <dbrown@ucar.edu> wrote:

> As for the question of putting this text on the right side of the color bar
> you can use the label bar title resources.
> Use lbTitleOn, lbTitleString, and lbTitlePosition set to "Right". See
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/lb.shtml
> for more info.
> -dave
>
> On Aug 12, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Adam Phillips wrote:
>
> > Hi Hongyan,
> > You can use the text function code ~B~ to subscript. This assumes you've
> > changed your text function code to ~ from : by setting it in your
> > .hluresfile. See example 5 here:
> > http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/text.shtml#ex5
> >
> > For instance, if you type "[VOC~B~3~N~]~B~F~N~" that should do what you
> > want. ~B~ = subscript, ~N~ = normal font
> > See the top of this page here:
> > http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/text.shtml
> >
> > Adam
> >
> > On 08/12/2011 08:39 AM, H.Dang wrote:
> >> Hi Dear all,
> >> I just wonder how can I put the (moles/10s) in my current title (please
> >> see the attachment) to the right hand end of the color bar, especially
> >> if it's something like [VOC_3 ]_F,
> >> How do I make "3" and "F" as small and low as that?
> >> Thank you!
> >> --
> >> Cordially,
> >> Hongyan(鸿雁)