about the function area_hi2lores

From: tzp2005011042 <tzp2005011042_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 07 2011 - 01:02:01 MDT

Dear all,
     I am doing area averaging interpolation from high resolution (0.5x0.5) to low resolution (2.5x2.5), and my purpose is as follows. The value at degree 2.5 is calculated by averaging the values of it's surrounding twenty-five 0.5 degree grids.

    There is a function of area_hi2lores in ncl, and it generally satisfies my purpose except that I don't known it's exact grids used to do the area averaging. I was trying to find the source code of the function, but failed, unfortunately. How can I realize my interpolation stragety using area_hi2lores or other functions in ncl?

    Thanks for your time, and looking forward to your kindly reply!

Sincerely yours,
Nancy