Re: about the function area_hi2lores

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 07 2011 - 08:16:51 MDT

If you have no missing data, we currently recommend that you use

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/area_conserve_remap_Wrap.shtml

This perform areal conservative regridding.

There are numerous examples at:
   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml

===
The 'area_hi2lores' was initially designed for regridding
TRMM precipitation data (50S - 50N). It does handle missing data.
The code will be provided offline.

Good luck