NCL runtime error: Subscript out of range, error in subscript #0

From: ilze jansen van rensburg <ilze00640_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Sep 12 2011 - 13:51:44 MDT

Good day.

When I run the ncl script 2dhill.ncl that I have obtained from the WRF (its
for the WRF two dimensional idealized hill case) users site, I get the
following error messages:

Variable: times
Type: string
Total Size: 4 bytes
            1 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [1]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 2
  description : times in file
  _FillValue : missing
(0) 0001-01-01_00:00:00
fatal:Subscript out of range, error in subscript #0
fatal:An error occurred reading times
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 52 in file 2dhill.ncl

I am not sure why this happens. I have a feeling that thare may be something
wrong with my NETcdf file, as I changed the topography from the default
topography of the model, but WRF ran sucessfully without any error messages
(although, changing the topography should not alter the times). I attach my
ncl script and my netcdf file to this email for your information.

An help in this regard will be reatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Ilze