Re: vector doesn't appear

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 16 2011 - 13:43:11 MDT

Dear Ahmed,

Thanks for providing your script and data offline.

The fix is pretty simple. You had named the dimensions of "u" and "v" correctly, but you
need additional code to attach the coordinate arrays.

After this code:

u!0="for_time"
u!1="lat"
u!2 ="lon"
v!0="for_time"
v!1="lat"
v!2 ="lon"

Add this code:

;---Attach coordinate arrays to u and v
u&lat = lat
u&lon = lon
v&lat = lat
v&lon = lon

Furthermore, I noticed you are hard-coding your missing values:

u@_FillValue=9.96921e+36
v@_FillValue=9.96921e+36

If you are using NCL V6.0.0, then you can use the "default_fillvalue" function, which gives the same values:

u@_FillValue = default_missing("float")
v@_FillValue = default_missing("float")

--Mary