Re: Small/Medium Circles..

From: ramesh karanam <rameshimd_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 28 2011 - 23:36:50 MDT

Sir,

I am runing WRF model for singal domain case with 15msX15kms
resolution. I am having single wrfout file with 127 time steps.I am
getting the following error when I am using the attached script. iam
getting the following error.

linux:~/rmcncl/wind # ncl WRF_track_1.ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2010 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.2.1
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

Variable: nfs
Type: integer
Total Size: 4 bytes
            1 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [1]
Coordinates:
(0) 1
(0) Check input data:1 .ne. 8

Variable: Time
Type: double
Total Size: 1016 bytes
            127 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [Time | 127]
Coordinates:
            Time: [962856..962982]
Number Of Attributes: 4
  units : hours since 1901-01-01 00:00:00
  calendar : standard
  long_name : Time
  description : Time
(0) 962856
(1) 962857
(2) 962858
(3) 962859
(4) 962860
(5) 962861
(6) 962862
(7) 962863
(8) 962864
(9) 962865
(10) 962866
(11) 962867
(12) 962868
(13) 962869
(14) 962870
(15) 962871
(16) 962872
(17) 962873
(18) 962874
(19) 962875
(20) 962876
(21) 962877
(22) 962878
(23) 962879
(24) 962880
(25) 962881
(26) 962882
(27) 962883
(28) 962884
(29) 962885
(30) 962886
(31) 962887
(32) 962888
(33) 962889
(34) 962890
(35) 962891
(36) 962892
(37) 962893
(38) 962894
(39) 962895
(40) 962896
(41) 962897
(42) 962898
(43) 962899
(44) 962900
(45) 962901
(46) 962902
(47) 962903
(48) 962904
(49) 962905
(50) 962906
(51) 962907
(52) 962908
(53) 962909
(54) 962910
(55) 962911
(56) 962912
(57) 962913
(58) 962914
(59) 962915
(60) 962916
(61) 962917
(62) 962918
(63) 962919
(64) 962920
(65) 962921
(66) 962922
(67) 962923
(68) 962924
(69) 962925
(70) 962926
(71) 962927
(72) 962928
(73) 962929
(74) 962930
(75) 962931
(76) 962932
(77) 962933
(78) 962934
(79) 962935
(80) 962936
(81) 962937
(82) 962938
(83) 962939
(84) 962940
(85) 962941
(86) 962942
(87) 962943
(88) 962944
(89) 962945
(90) 962946
(91) 962947
(92) 962948
(93) 962949
(94) 962950
(95) 962951
(96) 962952
(97) 962953
(98) 962954
(99) 962955
(100) 962956
(101) 962957
(102) 962958
(103) 962959
(104) 962960
(105) 962961
(106) 962962
(107) 962963
(108) 962964
(109) 962965
(110) 962966
(111) 962967
(112) 962968
(113) 962969
(114) 962970
(115) 962971
(116) 962972
(117) 962973
(118) 962974
(119) 962975
(120) 962976
(121) 962977
(122) 962978
(123) 962979
(124) 962980
(125) 962981
(126) 962982

Variable: imin (subsection)
Type: integer
Total Size: 4 bytes
            1 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [1]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue : -999
(0) 29

Variable: jmin (subsection)
Type: integer
Total Size: 4 bytes
            1 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [1]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue : -999
(0) 149
(0) missing : 1003.26 (29,149)
warning:gsnAddCyclic is not a valid resource in map at this time

Variable: lon2d
Type: float
Total Size: 70200 bytes
            17550 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [south_north | 117] x [west_east | 150]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 5
  FieldType : 104
  MemoryOrder : XY
  description : LONGITUDE, WEST IS NEGATIVE
  units : degree_east
  stagger :

Variable: ndate
Type: integer
Total Size: 4 bytes
            1 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [1]
Coordinates:
fatal:Subscript out of range, error in subscript #0
fatal:An error occurred reading lon2d
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 120 in file WRF_track_1.ncl

I am new to NCL, kindly help me to debug it or if don't mind kindly
provide new script whic is suitable for my case.

Thanks in advance
With regards
Ramesh k
On 9/29/11, David Brown <dbrown@ucar.edu> wrote:

> I see that Adam has sent an answer concerning how to get a realistic size
> for each filled circle. I have just created an example that has a very crude
> representation of a possible hurricane track -- 3 locations only. It
> modifies the example polyg_8.ncl. Your situation is actually simpler than
> polyg_8, because you basically just need to draw one circle at a time. So
> you can see that mostly I just removed code from the original example.
> -dave
>

> On Sep 28, 2011, at 7:48 AM, Erick Rivera Lemus wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Yes I see example 8. But the data that I have is
>> lat lon and radius of isobar. The position changes as well as the radius.
>> I am not sure how to use the example since we are trying to show the
>> actual radius of the storm moving along the northeast. I want to show the
>> size of the storm. Do you have any suggestions on how to do it using the
>> example you sent me?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Erick Rafael Rivera Lemus
>> Software Technician
>> Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences
>> Coastal Ocean Observation Laboratory
>>
>> Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
>> 71 Dudley Road New Brunswick, NJ 08901
>>
>> Office: 848-932-3261
>> Fax: 732-932-8578
>> Cell: 617-447-5106
>>

>> <OI_MARA_2011_08_28_0300.jpg>
>>

>> On Sep 27, 2011, at 4:53 PM, David Brown wrote:
>>

>>> For filled circles you can use poly marker index 16, or for an empty
>>> circle you can use index 4. You can control the size using
>>> gsMarkerSizeF. See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml,
>>> example 8.
>>> -dave

K.RAMESH