Adding a marker to a map in a panel plot

From: Rosemarie Drummond <rmarie_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2011 - 08:53:04 MST

The machine I am using has ncl v5.1.1

I would like to add a marker to a map in a panel plot. I have tried
looking at some examples but I am not sure I am clear on the process and
I am not seeing a marker.
The plots are created like this:
plot(0) = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,field0,res) etc

Then I tried to add a marker like this:
mres = True
  mres@gsMarkerIndex = 16
  mres@gsMarkerSizeF = 8.
  mres@gsMarkerColor = "black"
setvalues plot
  "tfPolyDrawOrder" : "PostDraw"
end setvalues
; Hanish Sill position
plat=(/13.733/)
plon=(/42.499/)
mark=gsn_add_polymarker(wks,plot(0),plat,plon,mres)

Then I put the plots together with
gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/2,2/),resP)

The result is fine except I do not see a marker and I think I am
probably not doing quite the right thing and maybe the marker is under
the contour colouring or something.
Advice appreciated!
Thanks
Rosemarie