Re: text is fuzzy

From: Paula Doubrawa Moreira <pmoreira_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 23 2011 - 17:38:11 MST

Mary & Dave -

Thanks for your answer!

The "Smooth text and line art" on preview was already checked (bummer). But
good call, when I unchecked it to see the results, the text that wasn't
fuzzy became fuzzy.

On Adobe I found the same fuzziness happens. When printing it does
disappear, which is great. But when putting it on pdf documents/reports it
is still there, so I'm trying to find a way out of that so my digital
reports look nicer.

If still needed, here goes the whole pdf and script. I am not setting the
quality since I found out that high is the standard. Just in case, my
.hluresfile looks like this (pretty standard):

!=========================================
! This is a sample .hluresfile. It should
! go in your home directory.
!
! Comments for ".res" files are preceded by a "!".
! Remember quotations are not used in .res files.

! White background/black foreground
*wkForegroundColor : (/0.,0.,0./)
*wkBackgroundColor : (/1.,1.,1./)

! Have a favorite colormap that you use for everything? You can
! make it your default here (note the name is NOT in quotes).
!
! For all available color maps, see
! http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/color_table_gallery.shtml
 *wkColorMap : WhiteBlueGreenYellowRed

! Font
*Font : helvetica

! Function Codes [Default is a colon]
*TextFuncCode : ~

! Make default X11 window larger (adjust as necessary)
*wkWidth : 800
*wkHeight : 800

! Increase the default (16mb) contour memory
! For example, if you have gridded data that
! is larger than 500 x 500, you may need this.
*wsMaximumSize: 32556688

Thank you so much!!!
Paula