Re: Embedding scatterplots in NCL map space.

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2013 - 17:41:00 MST

No problem, the function gsn_add_polymarker is probably what you want. It
overlays any number of dots onto a base plot, and it uses lat/lon
coordinate pairs to position the dots. Here is a nice example on a global
map:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/minmax_4_lg.png

This and many similar map examples are listed here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/func_list.shtml#gsn_add_polymarker

--Dave