Re: Problem with regriddig 1km curvlinear data set to 8km curvlinear data set

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 21 2013 - 08:54:34 MST

Hi Kamal,

You can't simply change the DstGridType to curvilinear. Really, that option
should only be used when you are calling ESMF_regrid_with_weights.

A curvilinear grid means you have two-dimensional (2D) lat/lon arrays that
represent the grid.

If you want to regrid to a curvilinear grid, then you need to provide the
curvilinear lat/lon coordinates via these two options:

    Opt@DstGridLat = lat
    Opt@DstGridLon = lon
In this particular example, "lat" and "lon are calculated as 1D coordinate arrays. You need to
replace this code with the 2D lat/lon arrays that represent your curvilinear grid.

--Mary