Re: Multiple files in NCL_DEF_LIB_DIR

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Feb 22 2013 - 10:06:06 MST

This email was buried in the wrong email folder
after my MAC crashed... sorry for the delay.

This email is not clear to me. Can you please provide a simple example?

---
Some general background on fortran
In f77 there is the concept of COMMON blocks
where one or more variables are shared among
(most commonly) the main code and subroutines.
In f90, there is the idea of a MODULE. The information
in the MODULE can be accessed by a progran unit via
the USE statment. MODULEs must(?) be compiled separately
prior to USE of various program units.
When compiled together
   [some fortran compiler] foo_module.f90 main.f90 sub1.f ......
the compiler/loader establishes the required links.
In NCL, when you use WRAPIT on individul program units
   WRAPIT foo_1.f
   WRAPIT foo_2.f
I am not sure if the required linkages are present.
--
I know that if you want to link to the LAPACK library which
is distributed with NCL (a little know fact)you must include that
library on the WRAPIT command line. EG: Access the LAPACK subroutine
'DGELS'. The following is a f77 code (dgels_interface.f
C NCLFORTSTART
       SUBROUTINE DGELSI( M, N, NRHS, A, B, LWORK, WORK )
       IMPLICIT   NONE
       INTEGER    M, N, NRHS, LWORK
       DOUBLE PRECISION   A( M, N ), B( M, NRHS), WORK(LWORK)
C NCLEND
C     declare local variables
       INTEGER     INFO
       CHARACTER*1 TRANS
       TRANS = "N”
       CALL DGELS(TRANS, M,N,NRHS,A,LDA,B,LDB,WORK,LWORK,INFO)
       RETURN
       END
WRAPIT –L  $NCARG_ROOT/lib  -l  lapack_ncl   dgels_interface.f
---
Maybe someone else can contribute further.