Re: question on overlay plot with polymarker

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 25 2013 - 17:43:05 MST

There are 3 drawing phases for most graphical objects. These are known as PreDraw, Draw, and PostDraw.
The order of overlaying only affects objects drawn in the same draw phase.

For your plot you might be interested in the following:

mpFillDrawOrder (defaults to Draw)
mpOutlineDrawOrder (defaults to PostDraw)
tfPolyDrawOrder (defaults to PostDraw -- affects poly primitives added to plot objects only, not primitives drawn immediately using procedures like gsn_polymarker)
vcVectorDrawOrder (defaults to Draw)

Bottom line: change tfPolyDrawOrder to "Draw" and the vectors should get drawn after the polymarkers.
 -dave