merge subset from different netcdf files in the same netcdf file?

From: Montane Caminal, Francesc <fmontane_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 05 2013 - 11:12:58 MST

Hi,
I have 2 netcdf files (with the same variable of interest for different years) with the same dimensions (time, latitude, longitude) (1460, 360, 720) for both files.
I know how to extract a subset (data for 1 time or some different times) of a particular netcdf file to create another netcdf. However, in this case I want to combine the last value of the variable in one year with the first value of the variable the following year in the same netcdf.
Is it possible to merge these two different times from different netcdfs in the same netcdf file with dimensions (time, latitude, longitude) (2, 360, 720)?
In case it is possible to do it, what is the best way to proceed?
Thanks,

Francesc