Re: cnFillOpacityF and CellFill

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 05 2013 - 09:56:12 MST

I'm investigating this more, but it appears to be a bug, and I'll file a ticket. In the meantime, a workaround is to assign your workstation colormap or contour palette (depending on how you are doing things) into a comparably sized colormap composed of 4-tuples, and then assigning the alpha channel of that new color map to what you want. Something like

   setvalues wks
      "wkColorMap" : wksCmap
   end setvalues

   wksCmapDims = dimsizes(wksCmap)
   newCmap = new((/ wksCmapDims(0), 4 /), float)
   newCmap(:,0:2) = wksCmap
   newCmap(:,3) = 0.5 ;;;; or whatever you had wanted for cnFillOpacityF

   cnres@cnFillPalette = newCmap

Clumsy, but it works…

Rick