Re: optional argument for function / procedure

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 04 2013 - 19:40:07 MST

Hello Mary,

On Mar 05 2013, Mary Haley <haley@ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> This has been on our list of things to do for awhile (ticket #NCL-290), but
> it's not a trivial feature to add.
>
> I will add your emails to the ticket to help support its popularity. :-)

Thanks for that,

If I am allowed to request, would it also be possible to implement an
"import"¹ function and NCLPATH variable package path.?

I am aware of NCL_DEF_SCRIPTS_DIR var which is rather restrictive
(http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclDefaultScript.shtml ).
But I believe that having an import function at core would encourage new third
party packages.

Thanks.,

¹ There is https://github.com/shanxl/NCL-import written by shanxl , after
using it a little I felt such a function should come ncl distribution.

--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు.
YYR