Re: NCL and Grib Files with Second Order Packing

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Mar 01 2013 - 12:46:35 MST

Hi James,
Second order unpacking has not been implemented because we have never had any test files with second order packing.

If you can make some representative samples available to us either by uploading the files using the instructions at
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml or by instructing me how to download the files myself if they are publicly accessible
then we can hopefully make time to implement 2nd order unpacking before the next release. Are these GRIB1 or GRIB2 files?
Let me know offline the names of the files you upload. Thanks.
 -dave