Re: dim_sum_n

From: Sho Kawazoe <shomtm62_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 19 2013 - 10:11:50 MDT

Hello,

Try changing your "ntim - 1" to something like "ntim - 2, ntim - 3,,,," or
for your file "ntim - 5". I've run into this issue before, but it
apparently has difficulty reading the last full date. This may eliminate
your last full day, but that can easily be incorporated later on.

Hope this helps.

Sho

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Nkese Mc Shine
<Nkese.McShine@sta.uwi.edu>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have pentad data and I want to make monthly data therefore I want to sum
> every 6 values. I used the Example 5 under dim_sum_n and I am getting the
> error below. Attached is my script can anyone help me?
>
> Variable: data
> Type: float
> Total Size: 93851136 bytes
> 23462784 values
> Number of Dimensions: 3
> Dimensions and sizes: [time | 2263] x [lat | 72] x [lon | 144]
> Coordinates:
> time: [ 0..271632]
> lat: [88.75..-88.75]
> lon: [-178.75..178.75]
> Number Of Attributes: 7
> missing_value_original : 32767
> _FillValue_original : 32767
> _FillValue : 32767
> units : mm day-1
> long_name : CMAP pentad rain (mm/day) (no model input)
> missing_value : 32767
> lonFlip : longitude coordinate variable has been reordered via lonFlip
> fatal:Subscript out of range, error in subscript #0
>
> fatal:An error occurred reading data
>
> fatal:["Execute.c":7743]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 35 in
> file preciptest.ncl
>
> Regards,
> Nkese.
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
> confidential, proprietary and/or privileged information. Any duplication,
> copying, distribution, dissemination, transmission, disclosure or use in
> any manner of this email (including any attachments) without the
> authorisation of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
> email (including any attachments) in error, please notify the sender and
> delete this email (including any attachments) from your system. Thank you.

Sho Kawazoe
Graduate Student (Ph.D candidate)
Dept of Geological and Atmospheric Sciences
3019 Agronomy
Ames, IA 50010
Iowa State University
shomtm62@iastate.edu