Re: Wind profiler plots

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 15 2013 - 16:34:23 MDT

NCL is a 'stronly typed language.' One aspect of this feature
is that, by default, the variable sizes on the left and right
of the assignment operator (=) must be the same size and shape.
Let

     x = (/ 1, 2, 3/)
     y = (/77,88,99/)

then, as expected, since 'x' is the same size and shape as 'y'

     y = x ; 'y' will contain (/ 1, 2, 3/)

===
If
     z = (/5,6/)

Then, the following

     z = y

will result in the error message you got

> fatal:Dimension sizes of left hand side and right hand side of
assignment do not match

because 'z' is size 2 and 'y' is size 3

===
There are 2 solutions

[1] at the end of the iday loop,

    frame(wks) ; advance the frame
    delete(fils) ; <============

   end do

[2] If you have 6.1.2 or later, use the reassignment operator ( := )
     http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/current_release.shtml#NewOperator6.1.1

    fils := systemfunc("ls CCO_wind_2011_Dec/cco11"+iday+".*w")