ESMF_grid stalls when converting many fields

From: Patrick Kelly <pkelly_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 01 2013 - 08:54:21 MDT

Hello NCL community–

I am trying to use the 'ESMF_grid'
to convert output from the CESM HOMME model to a rectilinear grid.

The file is about 200mb large and contains maybe 40-50 variables.

The procedure works fine at the start, but then stalls about half way through without any error message.
NCL doesn't quit, it just "hangs" Indefinitely.

IS this a memory limit or stack issue thing with NCL? I thought I'd receive some error output if it was...

Thanks for any leads,
Patrick