how do I change a char (string) variable in a netcdf file?

From: Nicole Mölders <nicole.molders_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 02 2013 - 15:55:36 MDT

Dear all,

I have a nedcdf file that I will have to use over and over again for new
dates. Unfortunately it has the time variable written in there as
char Times(Time, DateStrLen)
with
  Times =
   "2005-05-17_00:00:00",
   "2005-05-17_01:00:00",
   "2005-05-17_02:00:00",
              .
              .
              .
   "2005-05-17_23:00:00",
For the next year I want to use the same input and just have to change
the 05 to a 06. How can I do this? I have to do this for data of an
entire season. Thus I need an efficient way to do this. Thank you very
much in advance for your help.

Nicole

--
Dr. habil. rer. nat. Nicole Mölders, PhD
aka Carmen N. Moelders