Re: how do I change a char (string) variable in a netcdf file?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 03 2013 - 08:05:21 MDT

Hi Nicole,

Is this a WRF file? Not that this changes what code you use, but that's just how they write their tine variable.

You will first need to read the times off the file and convert it to string. If this is a WRF file, then "wrf_user_list_times" does this for you:

  times = wrf_user_list_times(a)

This will work too:

  times = tostring(a->Times)

Then, to replace all "-05-", use "str_sub_str":

  times_fix = str_sub_str(times,"-05-","-06-")

To write back out to the file:

   a->Times = times_fix

--Mary