Re: xy marker

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 03 2013 - 08:14:17 MDT

Hi Ahmed,

Rick is right, gsn_add_polymarker would be best here.

What you are doing is first calling gsn_csm_xy, which draws the plot and then advances to the next frame.

When you call gsn_polymarker, then, the marker gets drawn by itself on the next frame. But, gsn_polymarker
doesn't have a frame call, which means the frame with the marker will pop up but then quickly disappear.

It's better to use gsn_add_polymarker. Try these three lines in place of gsn_polymarker:

      mkid = gsn_add_polymarker(wks,plot,20,new_u,mres)
      draw(plot)
      frame(wks)

Note that now you will see two frames: the first one will just be the XY plot, and the second one will be the XY plot with the marker.
If you want to turn the first draw off, add these two lines before you call gsn_csm_xy:

 res@gsnDraw = False
 res@gsnFrame = False

--Mary