Vertical Y-Axis Manual Plotting

From: brianjs _at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah <_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 08 2013 - 11:48:10 MDT

Good Afternoon,

I have plotted my Lamont data with some success, however, I am attempting
to implement a rigid boundary setup for my top y-axis value as 3.0 km.

I have had some success at manually and explicitly labeling the axis, but I
need to get the Y-axis to start from 0-3.0 km with the tick mark string
labeling at 0.5 km intervals (with tick marks every .10 km).

Given that the wind profile data does not fit at exact levels (i.e. 2.42 km
is the location of a point for winds in a dataset for the top/y-axis), it
is difficult to use the current manual or explicit settings in the
vcLevelSelectionMode resource and all of the resources that go with this
one. Would anyone happen to know another resource that could be used? I
tried a transformation trYMaxF, but this was not successful either. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

The first attachment is the code, with the second attachment being one of
my best outputs, and the 3rd attachment showing what I need the Y-axis to
look like in all of my profiler plots.

Again, I apologize for all the questions. I am rather new at NCL and I am
trying to learn the language and utilize the resources as quickly as I can.

Brian Squitieri
Graduate Assistant
Iowa State University