Re: ncl-talk Digest, Vol 115, Issue 9

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 04 2013 - 22:10:15 MDT

In the future, please change the 'Subject' to something appropriate.
For example:
             Subject: Calipso

Then write *new* text. Pease do not include all the digest emails.

====
If you are new to NCL, please read the Mini-Language Manual at:
             http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/
====

Please read the documentation of ncl_filedump. This will allow you
to see the file's contents.

       http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/ncl_filedump.shtml

 From the unix command line:

     %> ncl_filedump CALIPSO.hdf | less

=====

NCL reads nc, hdf and grib with the same function: addfile.
Just put your filename in addfile.

      f = addfile("...hdf", "r")
      print(f)