latlon_to_SCRIP

From: Eric Ng <kwericng_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 17 2013 - 05:49:39 MDT

Dear All,

I was trying to use the function latlon_to_SCRIP to writes the description
of a lat/lon grid to a SCRIP file. However, I don't know whether it is
because my lat/lon is with too fine resolution, I receive an error: "one or
more variable sizes violate format constraints". Actually, I was trying to
do a regridding to the same dataset using ESMF_regrid, but the same error
was received. I am using ncl version 6.1.2 and below is my script for
writing the SCRIP file:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/esmf/ESMF_regridding.ncl"

begin

  Opt = True

  Opt@DstLLCorner = (/-70, -180/)
  Opt@DstURCorner= (/70, 180/)
  Opt@ForceOverwrite = True
  Opt@PrintTimings = True
  Opt@LargeFile = True

  latlon_to_SCRIP("desGRID.nc", "0.01deg", Opt)

end