error loading ESMF_regridding.ncl

From: Jiaxin Zhang <jiaxinzhang3_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jul 05 2013 - 08:19:50 MDT

Dear NCL users,

I am trying to use ESMF, but I get the following error message to load
ESMF_regridding.ncl:

fatal:Could not open
($NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/esmf/ESMF_regridding.ncl)

Could anyone please let me know what do I need to do to solve this problem?
Do I need to change something in the line "load
"$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/esmf/ESMF_regridding.ncl"" or it is
correct?
I am using NCL 6.1.2.

I also would like to test some examples of ESMF available at
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml, just to make sure that
ESMF works. Although the NCL codes for the different examples are available
on the website, I did not find any of the netcdf files used in the examples
in the link with data files for some examples:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Data/

Are these netcdf files in the ESMF examples available in another link? I
would like to complete at least one of the ESMF examples.
I really need to make sure that ESMF works before starting with my dataset.

Thanks,

Jiaxin