Changing the colormap directory

From: Rodrigo Colpo <rodrigocolpo2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jul 08 2013 - 15:12:18 MDT

Dear all, I created a new colormap but I do not have authority to modify the default directory "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/colormaps/". So, I need to change the default directory using NCARG_COLORMAP_PATH or NCARG_COLORMAPS. But it is not clear for me how to do it. There is two examples but how I understand them, they do not work. Should I use the following command in the command line? setenv NCARG_COLORMAPS /home/haley/colormaps:$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/colormaps Replacing the "/home/haley/colormaps" by my own directory? If I understand well the difference between the NCARG_COLORMAPS_PATH and NCARG_COLORMAPS, to use  NCARG_COLORMAPS_PATH is probably a best option. But how does it work? Shoud I add some line in my script to use the given directory only to run this specific code? something like: NCARG_COLORMAP_PATH(/home/.../colormaps) or gsn_define_colormap(wks, NCARG_COLORMAPS_PATH("/home/.../colormaps/WhiteBlue100"))    or NCARG_COLORMAPS_PATH="/home/.../colormaps:$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/colormaps" Or it is something I should write in the command line? Sorry, but this is not clear for me. Best wishes, Rodrigo