Re: No coordinate variables

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jul 12 2013 - 10:49:48 MDT

The problem is that "so2" has no lat/lon data associated with it, and you are trying to put it over a map.

Since your data doesn't have lat/lon one-dimensional coordinate arrays, then you will need to read the latitude and longitude values off a file and set the sfXArray/sfYArray resources to these arrays.

If your lat/lon arrays are two-dimensional, then your code might look like this:

  so2@lat2d = f->lat ; or whatever the lat/lon arrays are called on the file
  so2@lon2d = f->lon

I'm not sure why your file has "phony_dim_x" as the dimension names. This is not very useful. Also, if your data is indeed supposed to be over a map, the usual convention is that your data would have a "coordinates" attribute that indicate the name of the lat/lon arrays on the file. I don't see that here, so I'm not sure whether your file contains lat/lon data. You will need to do an "ncl_filedump" on the file to see if there's anything resembling lat/lon data.

   ncl_filedump 129he.nc

--Mary