Re: panel plot with different palettes

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Aug 23 2013 - 14:23:42 MDT

Izidine,

Dennis asked somebody else to pick this up since he has to leave.

You used "BlAqGrYeOrRe", but that was just an example
Dennis was using for illustrative purposes.

You said you wanted to use precip_11lev and ncl_default,
so you should use those when you set cnFillPalette:

res@cnFillPalette = "precip_11lev"

and then for your other plots

res@cnFillPalette = "ncl_default"

See example "panel_33.ncl" at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex33

It uses two different color maps, and the "differernce" set
of contour plots has white in the middle.

If this still doesn't work, please post back to ncl-talk
with a new version of your script.

Thanks,

--Mary