Re: Error getting variable from NNRP data

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Sep 09 2013 - 12:29:14 MDT

Hi Cecille,
In version 6.1.0, the '_10' suffix was removed from GRIB1 variable names. The suffix was unnecessary and its removal was forced by the fact that some variables were being unnaturally split in two separate variables because only some of the time steps have the attribute that caused the '_10' to be added. You will need to edit the script to remove the '_10' from the name.

Here is the description of the change from the "what's new" doc for 6.1.0:

GRIB1 changes
Time range indicator 10, which indicates that time parameter P1 occupies 2 bytes, is now treated the same as time range indicator 0 for the purposes of generating the forecast time dimension. This means that GRIB1 variable names that used to have '_10' appended no longer will. And, in a very small number of cases, two forecast time dimensions may be concatenated into a single dimension that is the union of the two.

We always try to avoid even small backwards-incompatible changes, but sometimes it cannot be helped.
 -dave