Re: Regrid NCEP grid(2.5x2.5) to unstructured SEgrid(clm data)

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Sep 16 2013 - 21:54:40 MDT

We have several templates for ESMF regridding that might be more useful than this particular example:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Templates/#ESMF

In your case, you want to go from a rectilinear grid to an unstructured grid, so take a look at the "ESMF_rect_to_unstruct.ncl" script.

The template indicates where you need to change something with a "change likely" type of comment.

--Mary