Re: About function smthClmDayTLL

From: Waqar Younas <vickyqau_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 18 2013 - 17:23:45 MDT

I have one more question that we use
xClmDay_sm = smthClmDayTLL(xClmDay, nhar)
to retain first n harmonics in the data (xClmDay). Now this xClmDay has
already calculated (but not removed) the climatology from the original data
(xClmDay = clmDayTLL(x, yyyyddd)).

Then we use
xAnom_sm = calcDayAnomTLL (x, yyyyddd, xClmDay_sm)

to remove the these climatology and nharmonics from the original data using
functino calcDayAnomTLL. With having xAnom_sm, do i still need to use

HighFreq = OriginalData - smthClmDayTLL to remove the nharmonics from the
data because caclDayAnomTLL is already doing that???

Thanks.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Dennis Shea <shea@ucar.edu> wrote:

> yes
>

> On 10/18/13 1:40 PM, Waqar Younas wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your response.
>> HighFreq = OriginalData - smthClmDayTLL would mean that removing the first
>> nharmonics (where n can be any number) from the data? Is that right? I
>> think that is what i need.
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Dennis Shea <shea@ucar.edu> wrote:
>>

>>> HighFreq = OriginalData - smthClmDayTLL
>>>
>>> Will give you the high frequenncy data.
>>>

>>> On 10/18/13 12:34 PM, Waqar Younas wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,

Best Regards
Waqar Younas
PhD Candidate
Natural Resources and Environmental Studies (NRES)
University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC)
Canada