Re: Problem with procedure write_table

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 14 2013 - 08:35:12 MDT

Hi Sven,

It would help if you include the actual line of code that contains the "write_table" call.

Argument #2, which is the 3rd argument in the list (argument count starts at 0) must be a list.

So, to correctly write soil_moisture_string to a file, it must be turned into a list, by enclosing it with [/ and /]:

  write_table("file.txt","w",[/soil_moisture_string/],"%s")

I don't think the attributes of this variable should come into play, since only the variable itself will be written to the file. However, if you think the attributes are the source of the problem, you can try wrapping the variable in (/ and /), which causes metadata to be stripped off:

 write_table("file.txt","w",[/(/soil_moisture_string/)/],"%s")

The attribute thing is a bit odd, and I would like to look into this further as a separate issue.

How is soil_moisture_string being created? If it's read off a file, can you provide me with the file so I can have a look?

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP

Thanks,

--Mary