Is it possible to call an NCL script and pass data to it from a C script?

From: Cathryn Meyer <cmeyer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 07 2013 - 09:39:42 MST

I have an already-existing NCL script that reads in 2D temperature data
from a grib file and plots it. However I want to be able to call the NCL
script from the C code that generates the temperature data and simply pass
the 2D array of float values into the NCL script from within the C code
instead of having to print them out to a file first that NCL reads in.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Cathy

--