use cd_calendar when it is necessary to read an variable from many directories

From: Yi-Chih Huang <dscpln_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 05 2013 - 23:46:51 MST

Hello,

    I read one variable xx from 30 directories for 30 years. The dimension
of the variable xx is (year,month,lat,lon). I am trying to use cd_calendar
to get the information of year and month. However, every element of YMDHMS
is 9.969209968386869e+36. In addition, the error below occurred when the
command "iYear = ind(YMDHMS(:,0).ge.yrStrt .and.
YMDHMS(:,0).le.yrLast)" was executed. What is the right way to use
cd_calendar when it is necessary to read an variable from many directories?

  YMDHMS = cd_calendar(xx, 1)

(29,11,20,320) 9.969209968386869e+36
fatal:Number of subscripts do not match number of dimensions of
variable,(2) Subscripts used, (4) Subscripts expected
^Mfatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 51 in
file sstTime.ncl

    Thanks much,

              Yi-Chih