Re: RCM to RCM

From: Yang Yang <yang123yang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 11 2013 - 12:55:27 MST

Hi Mary:

Thanks very much for your help!

Our IT has upgrade our NCL to the latest version.

Cheers!
Ed

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 7:23 AM, Mary Haley <haley@ucar.edu> wrote:
Hi Ed,

Using the ESMF library will require you to upgrade to NCL V6.1.0 or later (6.1.2 is recommended). This is because there are built-in functions required (like "sparse_matrix_mult"), and not just NCL functions.

It is possible for you to install your own version of NCL in your own local directory, if your IT team doesn't have time to do this. It's not too difficult, as I can probably provide you with a precompiled binary for your system.

If you want to try this route, then I need to know the following information:

  uname -a
  gcc --version

In addition, if you have a Linux system, I need to know what flavor (RedHat, Debian, etc). If you have a Mac, then which Mac OS  (10.7, 10.8, etc).

Thanks,

--Mary