Re: terrain vertical cross sectional

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 13 2013 - 10:47:17 MST

Hi Ahmed,

In the future, please post all questions, including follow-up ones, to ncl-talk and not just to me directly, unless I specifically take the questions offline. We have hundreds of users and I don't always have the time to answer individual questions from everybody. Thanks for your consideration.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the TOPO file". But, it sounds to me like you want to overlay a plot onto something that is not in the same coordinate space?

If so, you can use the "overlay" procedure, but set "res@tfDoNDCOverlay = True" when you create the TOPO plot.

See example overlay_9a.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml#ex9

Or, do you mean something like this: