Plotting Contours on Contours

From: Ioannis Koletsis <koletsis_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 03 2013 - 05:22:45 MST

Dear ncl users,

I would like to plot temperature difference between 1000-850 hPa, and over
this plot the mslp chart using the attaced script (plot_temp.ncl).

Running the script the following error messages have been appeared

warning:mpProjection is not a valid resource in Plot_contour at this time

warning:mpMinLonF is not a valid resource in Plot_contour at this time

warning:mpMaxLonF is not a valid resource in Plot_contour at this time

warning:mpMinLatF is not a valid resource in Plot_contour at this time

warning:mpMaxLatF is not a valid resource in Plot_contour at this time

warning:mpFillOn is not a valid resource in Plot_contour at this time

warning:mpDataBaseVersion is not a valid resource in Plot_contour at this
time

warning:mpDataSetName is not a valid resource in Plot_contour at this time

warning:mpOutlineBoundarySets is not a valid resource in Plot_contour at
this time

warning:mpGeophysicalLineThicknessF is not a valid resource in Plot_contour
at this time

Moreover, two plots are created, but only the second plot is right (attached
png files)..

When I changed the 84th line of the script, I had got the error message

fatal:NhlAddOverlay: plot class mapPlotClass cannot be overlay plot member

I have already read the given examples at ncl web pages, but I couldn't find
any solution..

Have you got any idea????

Thanks in advance

Ioannis