calculate divergence and vorticity & regridding precipitation

From: Wang, Yaoping <wang.3866_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Nov 30 2013 - 19:45:04 MST

Hi all,

I am calculating divergence and vorticity in the North America from NCEP 10m winds data. There are two possible methods:
  uv2dvG, uv2vrG (requires global data)
 and
  uv2dv_cfd, uv2vr_cfd
It turns out the two methods generate somewhat different results. Which one am I supposed to trust more?

Also, I wish to regrid the NCEP precipitation on gaussian grid to a fixed 2.5x2.5 grid. Since it is not a smooth-varying variable and also bound to >=0, is there any suggestions which method should I use?

Thanks a lot for any help,
Yaoping Wang