Re: Statistical significance

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 02 2013 - 13:24:30 MST

Hi Guilherme,
I do not see anything wrong with your script, other than this line not
being necessary:
plot(k-1) = plot(k-1)

Significance contours can get rather dense and convoluted especially for
high resolution grids, but the plotting should not take anywhere close
to 4 hours.

I would suggest trying the following:
Change this:
res2@cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels"
res2@cnMinLevelValF = 0.00
res2@cnMaxLevelValF = 1.05
res2@cnLevelSpacingF = 0.01
to this:
res2@cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"
res2@cnLevels = niv_sig

As you're only interested in shading all areas less than niv_sig there's
no reason to specify 106 contour levels. I am wondering if NCL still
calculates their placement even though you're not drawing them. If the
above changes do not speed things up, please respond to NCL-talk and let
everyone know..
Adam