Re: printVarSummary question

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Dec 05 2013 - 08:42:48 MST

re: printVarSummary, min/max

If you are using small arrays, determining the min/max
would impose a small time increment. However, a *LARGE* variable
will take a significant time. There is no magic! The min and max
require time. If there are lots of variable ... the min/max overhead
would be large.

There is a ticket for printVarStats function which would allow a user
to specify what statistics would be output.

ALso .. please see

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/stat_dispersion.shtml

   opt = True
   opt@PrintStat = True