LIBNIO missing

From: Markus Jonas <jonas_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 08:31:22 +0200

Hi all,

I managed to compile NCL and NCARG (v.5.1.0) from source on a SLES10 x86_64
server, and now want to install PyNIO and PyNGL. For PyNIO, the libnio.a is
needed, which was formerly included in the NCL package. Given the answer of
Dave to a thread of Orion on Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:40:17 -0600, this is no
longer part of NCL 5.1.0 and shall be included in future PyNIO packages. My
question is now:
a) are there plans to release a PyNIO package including libnio.a (or
sources hereof) in the near future or
b) if not, may I obtain a libnio-source and build instructions from
anywhere else?

Thanks in advance

Markus JONAS
(Administration HPC)

Centre de Recherche Publique - Gabriel Lippmann
Environnement et Agro-biotechnologies (EVA)
Plate-forme en géomatique
41, rue du Brill
L-4422 BELVAUX

Tél. : +352 47 02 61 - 462