ncl: command not found

From: Neil Berg <nberg_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 02 2010 - 10:26:28 MDT

Hi,

My system administrator installed NCL on our new Linux x86_64 computer
using gcc version 4.4.3. The administrator instructed us to set the
environment variable using "setenv NCARG_ROOT /opt/ncarg" (he was
prompted this after compiling). The default shell is tcsh, so I added
that line to my .tcshrc file. When typing "ncl -V" for a quick test
to see if NCL is working, I receive "ncl: command not found." Should
I be setting the environment variables elsewhere?

Moreover, I have written all my previous scripts in bash- will there
be any issues calling ncl routines in a bash script even though the
environment variables were set using tcsh?

Many thanks in advance,
Neil Berg