A problem with installing of NCL-5.2.1 cygwin-version

From: Guo Chunrui <gemini.ruirui_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 31 2010 - 02:36:47 MDT

Hi, everyone,

This is Chunrui. I am a NCL new learner. Now I want to use NCL under
Windows, so I followed the steps posted on website
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml.

Everything seemed pretty good from downloading (NCL-5.2.1 cygwin-version) to
installing and I set environment successfully (I mean when I typed "which
ncl", it reported "/usr/local/bin/ncl"). However, when I began to test my
installation of NCL, something seemed wrong with it. If I typed "ncl -V" in
X-term window, nothing returned. Then I copied file 'xy04n.ncl' to my home
directory and typed "ncl xy04n.ncl", no plot poped up.

I also tried NCL-5.1.0 cygwin-version with same operations and everything
was OK. I could see the version number and the plot.

Are there bugs with 5.2.1? I hope no...... Anybody knows the reasons?

Thanks.

Best,

Chunrui